Monday, July 16, 2012
You can be the Grill Mayor with the Food Network Contest: Grill Mayor of 2012.
This is WAY more than just “bragging rights” where you impress your barbecue buddies with a cool title. The winner of this barbecue contest will feel like a rock star – no kidding.
The grand prize Grill Mayor wins a trip for two to New York City. If you are spouse-less and friend-less, then I’d be glad to fill your guest seat. Just kidding, but this is a terrific prize and one that I’d be thrilled to win as I know you guys would be too.
What does the grand prize to New York City include?
• 2 nights in the Big Apple in a first-class hotel
• $100 Food Network gift card
• Food Network grilling cookbook
• Omaha Steaks grilling kit
• Assorted Grill Mates products (I’ve been enjoying those all summer myself)
• Dinner at Food Network’s chef restaurant in NYC with your guest
• VIP access passes to a premiere New York City BBQ festival (along with your guest – of course)
• Tour of the Food Network kitchens in the Big Apple
See! I told you this is one massive trip to New York with all the trimmings and then some.
You do have to be a legal United States resident and 21 years or older to be eligible.
Now that I’ve got you dreaming of a fabulous getaway packed full of fun plus some terrific take home treasures, I’m sure you’re wondering how you can get your name in the pot. After all, you don’t win contests that you don’t enter (and this is one you barbecue guys and girls really don’t want to miss).
How to Enter to be the Grill Mayor 2012?
1. Complete the online entry form at Food Network.
2. Share a grilling tip or piece of advice along with a photo related to your tip (limit 100 words on the tip)
How easy is that? Share a tip and snap a photo, and you could be kicked back in luxury in New York City between special outings especially fun for barbecue folks.
If you aren't the contest type of person (gasp - that's cool though), then check out the McCormick Grillmates Facebook page. You don't have to do a thing other there than soak up great information about grilling and for free. You'll be surprised at how much grilling data they have at the site to get your grill cranking and your brain pumping with new ideas.
The contest ends at 4:59 pm ET on July 31, 2012, so head over and sign up while it’s fresh on your mind.
Let me know if you win, because it’s great when my readers get something special like this.
Good luck all!