Saturday, October 04, 2008

Blog Dedicated to a Hamburger - The Joel Burger

I love great burgers, so when Greta Lint told me that her boyfriend Joel Leonard had a blog dedicated to a burger, I had to check that out. I mean . . . seriously . . . can you have an entire blog dedicated to a hamburger?

Oh yes! The Joelburger Blog is all about Joel's magnificent burger creation.

You may think, "Well, a burger is a burger is a burger." I know that's not true, because my hand patted grilled hamburgers do not taste like the little skinny hamburgers bought frozen and ready to cook at the grocery store.

Joel's hamburger is unique in several ways. One big difference is the bread. He uses sour dough bread. So, the hamburger is kind of like a sandwich but buttered up and grilled on hearty bread. The other big thing is that the cheese is homemade pimento cheese. If you've only had pimento cheese out of a plastic container, then you've not really had pimento cheese. The Joel Burger features "made from scratch" pimento cheese. Yum!

I'm a Southern cook, so I could play around with Joel's ideas and see if I could come up with a burger kind of like his, but his hamburger is actually a restaurant burger in Greensboro, North Carolina. Finecastles serves Joel's special hamburgers. They also feature a singing server which sounds really neat too.

I feel a road trip coming on. It takes me under and hour to get to Greensboro. The Joel Burger makes my mouth water just looking at the pictures. I also love the stories about sharing the Joel Burgers around the world on the blog. I've fallen in love and havent't even had a Joel Burger yet. I'll blog again once I get myself down to Greensboro and check this out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet web site, I had not noticed barbequemaster.blogspot.com before during my searches!
Continue the wonderful work!

Anonymous said...

well, it suppose to be in 3D, can I download and watch? will it show normally?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the link, but unfortunately it seems to be down... Does anybody have a mirror or another source? Please reply to my post if you do!

I would appreciate if a staff member here at barbequemaster.blogspot.com could post it.

Thanks,
Mark

Anonymous said...

Hey,

This is a inquiry for the webmaster/admin here at barbequemaster.blogspot.com.

Can I use part of the information from this post right above if I provide a backlink back to this website?

Thanks,
Jack

Anonymous said...

Hello there,

Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here at barbequemaster.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Cheers,
Mark

Anonymous said...

Hey,

Thanks for sharing the link - but unfortunately it seems to be not working? Does anybody here at barbequemaster.blogspot.com have a mirror or another source?


Cheers,
Harry