WIN! WIN! WIN!
Masterbuilt Barbecue Smoker Giveaway
Been thinking about making the leap to barbecue smoking? Well, here's your chance with a free Masterbuilt electric bbq smoker.
This 30 inch electric smoker has a window and an inside light, so you can see how the meat is doing without peeking. You get a push button temperature and time control and an easy load wood smoker box to the side.
I've not used this Masterbuilt smoker (and - no - I don't get one or anything else for hosting the giveaway), but I have a Masterbuilt Butterball turkey fryer that I wrote about last year. The fryer is well made and easy to use, and we've enjoyed frying turkeys and boiling Frogmore Stew. So, I'd expect that this would be a solid smoker and loads of fun. If you win, you can let me know!
What's the Catch?
My contests don't come with a catch. I just list several ways to enter and hopefully something for all readers (United States) to get a slip in the bucket. I do need some way to contact you if you win (only). That can be an email or your web site or blog contact or a twitter name that I can look up. I don't collect your information, and the company just asks for the winners address to send the prize. That's it. You really can get something for nothing - easy as that.
To enter, just check out the Masterbuilt outdoor products store and check out the recipes. This gives you a chance to see all the neat stuff they offer including the new smoker and also will get your taste buds cranking with the collection of barbecue recipes. Then, just let me know what recipe you would like to try out if you win the smoker. There is a comment section at the bottom. Fill that in, and you're set.
Contest Newbies - Better Directions
If you've not entered contests before, don't run off. I've had three emails asking exactly how to enter.
1. Click to the Masterbuilt page and find a recipe linked off the front page that catches your eye.
2. Come back here to Barbecue Master, because the contest is actually here and not off the company page.
3. Click on "comments" at the bottom of the post. You will see a colored link with x number of comments. That is the correct link, and the number changes with more entries. When you click that, go to the bottom of the comments pop up box, and you will see the little comment box to type in.
Or, if you came direct (and see the post plus other comments), go all the way to the bottom of the post below the last comment, and you will see a link called "submit a comment." Click that, and you will see the space to leave the message.
4. Fill out the little box with the name of the recipe and also some way to get in touch.
5. Fill out the little combo of numbers and letters that pop up. That just ensures that entries are real people and not robots putting up spam.
6. I check the comments before they go live so that the blog does not have dirty links and so on. So, you won't see your entry at first. I have to be on the computer and press publish, but I do that often.
7. The extra entries below are optional. They just get you more slips in the hat. Just repeat the above if you do any of the extra entries and let me know.
Once you enter with the Masterbuilt recipe in comments (just the name of your top pick), then here are some additional entries if you like to increase your odds. Again, just let me know in comments about any add on entries to the giveaway.
1. Visit my web site Yes You Can Grill and then let me know what you'd like to see there that I've not posted yet. It's my "baby" and a work in progress.
2. Follow me on twitter - @cyndiallison If you look through my buddy list, you will find a lot of terrific grill folks and barbecue people including national champions. If you already follow me THANKS and let me know. I'll count that. Old friends are great friends!
3. Look over to the right and sign up for email updates here for Barbecue Master. Those are auto through Google, and all you'll get by email will be blog post updates. You'll get other contests, recipes, and reviews about grilling and barbecue that I post from time to time.
4. Share your favorite smoker recipe. I always enjoy doing new dishes on our smoker, and I'm sure other readers do too. You can just put the recpie in the comment section.
5. Tell us about your favorite Masterbuilt moment. It can be any product that you've used before. Mine, as I mentioned, would be with the turkey fryer. I also got to interview John MeLemore (the CEO of Masterbuilt), and that was a blast talking with him and getting to know the faces behind the product.
OK. That gives you 6 possible chances to enter and win a Masterbuilt Barbecue Smoker. So, what are you waiting for? This is an easy contest, and it's a great prize. I'd be excited to win a Masterbuilt smoker myself!
When Will The Winner Be Drawn?
I'll take Masterbuilt Smoker entries through 9 pm EST of Labor Day 9-6-2010 and then have the drawing. I think I'll have my son draw this time. He is an Eagle Scout and won a Carnegie medal for heroism. He's a good kid, and he's easy to find on a Monday night.
I've been writing down entries and making sure I have all the multi ones in so that everyone gets all the chances possible. Whew! This one has taken more time than I expected, but I sure appreciate all the entries. Thanks so much for visiting and making this, by far, the biggest contest I've had on my blog. And, thanks again to Masterbuilt for sponsoring.
I allowed an extra half hour past time to make sure all entries came in on my slow boat computer, and I went and got my kid who was doing his homework (good him) to draw the name . . .
The winner is: Oshawa Ogre
Well, blow me away! He won a Dean's Dip when my Mom drew several months back. He is one lucky duck. I mean, really, what are the odds that the first to enter would win the draw especially when those slips were jumbled and tossed more times than I can count?
Lord give me the luck of Oshawa Ogre. Amen!
Enter to Win at BBQ Grail Too
Larry is giving away a smoker on Barbecue Grail. So, be sure to enter there too. His contest runs through the 15th of September 2010, so you have a little extra time there.