Thursday, July 14, 2011

1001 Best Grilling Recipes by Rick Browne - BBQ Grilling Book Review

1,001 Best Grilling Recipes by Rick Browne

Rick Browne, from the PBS grilling TV series "Barbecue America," has put together the biggest collection of grilling recipes I've seen to date. His book is around an inch and half thick and packed full of page after page of recipes for the barbecue grill.

Jali asked if I'd like to try out Rick's new book (this is his 8th). I'm always looking for new grilling ideas and recipes, and I figured there would have to be many things I'd not tried with 1001 grilling recipes.

I was correct. I play around with my grills all the time, but I found loads of new ideas in this grill cookbook. Rockport Lobster and Shrimp Burgers - yum! Then, there's a whole chapter on game birds, goosse, and duck. That's an area where I've not really ventured, but I'm looking forward to trying some of those recipes but probably when the weather gets a little cooler.

The sections in 1,001 Best Grilling Recipes include:

Appetizers
Beer
Burgers
Chicken
Fish and Shellfish
Game Birds, Goose, and Duck
Hot Dogs and Sausages
Lamb
Marinades
Pork
Rubs and Seasonings
Sauces
Side Dishes
Turkey
Wild Game
Desserts

The book is also indexed well which makes it much easier to use than some grilling cookbooks I've checked out.

Inside 1001 Best Grilling Recipes

Do note that this is not an "eye candy" cookbook. You do not get the coffee table effect with big, slick pages and full color photos.

This is an actual grilling cookbook packed with recipes - page after page of recipes. For those who know the basics of grilling, then this is an ideal way to get new ideas and recipes. For beginning grillers, then perhaps a more basic grilling book would be the best starting point and then this cookbook offers many ways to branch out and step it up once the basics are mastered.

No comments: