Sunday, May 10, 2009

Pictures from Bull Hole at Cooleemee, North Carolina


The Happy Pants Dance, or that's what I'd call it. Kids have a great time at the Bull Hole in Cooleemee, North Carolina.


You put your right foot here. You put your . . . And, you make sure the footing is solid, or you really do fall in. I know, because I have taken many a dunk in the river there at the Bull Hole. It's all good though.


If you march to the beat of a different drummer, then the Bull Hole is just the spot for you. This is a great place to visit to get away from it all. You can bring a grill and cook out or just carry in snacks. It's all good at the Bull Hole.


These guys were telling me now to get over to the other side to see the other waterfalls, but I only made it half way. Those rocks are very slick, and I did not want to mess up my Canon Powershot which has been a really great little point and shoot camera.

One of the guys also told me that this place is called the Bull Hole, because a bull stepped in one of the deep water holes and broke his leg. The bull could not get out, and that's how the strange name came about. I don't know, but it sounded reasonable. If it was a made up story, it was interesting anyway.



New friend from Granite Quary checks out the Bull Hole for the first time and likes it. Yeah. Neat place. Definately not a tourist destination. And, that can be a good thing.

More photos at Facebook on my Bull Hole picture album.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I used to live walking distance when I was a kid and loved that place. Me and my friends were there all the time. Our parents forbidded us but of course we went anyways. Hoping to visit soon and bring my kids. I miss NC. Thanks for making this page. It brought back a lot of memories :).