Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Crank up the Grill and Enter the Johnsonville Brats Video Contest



One of our favorite foods to grill are brats, and I shared a really awesome brats recipe last week. I used Johnsonville brats, because I know and trust that brand. I've tried some others around here, but that was hit and miss, so I stick with Johnsonville sausages. They are always great!

Johnsonville keeps up with what is going on online, so they have noticed that I use their products. Some companies keep up with that and some ignore onliners. That's fine. I just tell you what I like and what I think and try to help out home grillers. If I owned a company, I think I would keep up with the online buzz though, because online surfers are a great crowd, and we share information.

Since I am a fan and barbecue and grill blogger, Johnsonville got in touch to tell me about their new summer promotion. They really pull out the stops online. Last year they had Johnsonville photo collages. This year, they are hosting a video contest.

The company was nice enough to send me some coupons to get more Johnsonville brats plus tongs, a grill mitt, and a grill carry bag for the 4th of July. They don't require me to do anything, but I'm sure they hope I share the contest which is the kind of thing I do on my blog and have for five years. So, you may see me with some logo gear in photos later if I can round up any 4th of July buddies. All the family has managed to slip out of town overlapping but at the same time for the 4th. Boy, it is quiet around here.



Enough about my world and on to yours.

If you make videos or have been thinking about it, then you can enter the Share Your Ville video contest with all kinds of super prizes this summer (2010).

They have a home video category and one for professionals plus several categories in each section to make things more even. These are short and quick but fun to make. I played around with my Flip video camera last week, but I still need some work on those skills.

But, I know some of my readers rock the video cameras and editing software. So, I'd love to see some brats videos. Be sure to post links here on my comment section or get in touch and let me know if you make the video leap. I'd love to go and see and vote for any readers who take the Johnsonville challenge. Heck, I might even give it a try myself (-: Those prizes really are terrific.



In the meantime, I will keep grilling up my famous Johnsonville brats which are very easy to make and always get rave reviews from friends and family. Just check the recipe I linked at the top if you are not sure how to make great grilled brats.

I snapped a photo of the Johnsonville brats in case anyone is not familiar with the product (pictures help me). They are in the cold case around here close the breakfast sausages. I have seen them displayed along with the hot dogs in some places, but brats are much more robust than regular American weiners. The boys like hot dogs, but they get much more excited if I pick up Johnsonville brats.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alas the contest is only open to US residents :(

Best of luck to anyone else that enters, lets have a winner that knows the BBQ Master!