Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Whole Wheat Buns the Barbecue Master Actually Loves - Nature's Pride

Nature's Pride Whole Wheat Hamburger Buns


I've been trying to eat healthier and know that whole wheat bread is a better choice, but I've had some heap awful whole wheat breads. The flavor will be bitter or the whole wheat bread will be crumbly and feel kind of like cardboard.


As part of a Food Buzz project, I got sample breads from Nature's Pride. There were white buns and deli rolls (also white) and then the wheat burger buns.


The white breads were wonderful, but I wasn't so sure I'd think much of the wheat. I was wrong though. The wheat buns were soft, and the flavor was rich and kind of nutty. Not bitter at all. I liked the wheat buns just as well or even better than the white, and I never thought I'd be saying that about wheat buns.


If you've never checked out Nature's Pride breads, then they are 100% natural. The wheat provides a lot of fiber for the day. And, the breads are low in sodium (without losing flavor) and do not have any high fructose corn syrup.


Some all natural products just don't taste that good, and I'm all about flavor though still trying to make good choices (or the best possible). These Nature's Pride are excellent breads, and the whole family family gave the thumbs up on wheat in this case when I made the Greek burgers below.

No comments: