Thursday, June 26, 2008

Rafting at U.S. National Whitewater Park near Charlotte, NC


Oops! We Went Swimming Too (photo by Chris Sherman)


Mushroom and Swiss Burger at Cheeseburger in Paradise

We took a road trip to the U.S. National Whitewater Center in Charlotte, NC today. It's the biggest manmade whitewater facility in the world.

This was a little different from the whitewater rafting we've been doing up in the moutains. For one thing, we didn't get dirty like usual. It's also a safer way to white water raft. Our guide estimated that the risk was reduced about 80%.

We did manage to take a spill. Some of us did anyway (-: I hung in there as you can see in the photo made by Chris Sherman. If you're wondering if I have legs of steel. Well, no. My foot was stuck. My kid grabbed my hand and pulled me back up after I'd gone completely under and then resurfaced still with the boat.

We thought about grilling after, but everyone was pretty tired and some of us old folks were a tad sore. We swung by Cheeseburger in Paradise (a Jimmy Buffett restaurant) in Huntersville, NC. They cook huge burgers to order. Very yummy.

No comments: